ONTOFORCE helps people transform data into knowledge, gather insights across all data sources and make an impact on our customer’s business. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to all your data. Our customers are research-intensive organizations, in the fields of life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, hospitals to patient organizations.
As a Product Designer you are part of our R&D team, that handles the full **development **of DISQOVER. Within this team, you are responsible for translating user challenges into usable, elegant and delightful user experiences. Your ultimate goal is to boost usability and effectiveness through clear and easy to understand user journeys, and designs that look and work just great. You take leading best-practices and proven design principles as a starting point to ensure your designs are clean, simple and focused. You never take your eyes off the end user, because you know they are the ones who finally define the success of your work.
- You understand that great UX is the result of far more than just great interaction or visual design. You **start from the WHY **(i.e. business objectives and user needs), and critically reflect on the best path to resolve a challenge of our end-users.
- You demonstrate a solid skill in solving problems through thoughtful and elegant UX, incorporating color, typography, imagery and motion in a design that is simple, clean and consistent.
- You challenge your work in well-crafted deliverables such as wireframes, clickable prototypes or concept presentations.
- You actively solicit for feedback from our customers, and from your ONTOFORCE colleagues.
- You know how to communicate your ideas, opinions and design decisions to ensure a successful outcome.
- Knowledge of or experience with Agile development processes are considered a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with Frontend technologies like web, react are considered a plus.
The ideal candidate...
- You have a proven experience in** Digital Product Design or UX/UI Design**.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a solid understanding of user-centered design, usability principles and best-practices for web applications.
- You prefer to work in a product-context over a project-context, focusing on the UX of the entire DISQOVER platform.
- As you would be the first Product Designer at ONTOFORCE, you enjoy the the additional challenges of having to define and manage your own organization and way of working.
- You have affinity with user research, service design, business design, platform-thinking.
- You are proficient in working with common design tools (Sketch, Figma...) and prototyping tools (Marvel, Framer, Principle...).
- #respectfulness and #openness. At Ontoforce, we know that the best and most creative solutions always come from people working and communicating openly with each other. Constantly challenging each-other, but realizing that all parties are equal and bring different experience and insights to the table.
- #accountability and #ambition: We love people who have ambition, who want to be the best and make the best product company by taking accountability for their own work, and who are not afraid to respectfully hold their colleagues accountable.
What we offer:
- A great team to work with that wants to be challenged and will challenge you.
- An innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind.
- A fun environment that welcomes your ideas, initiatives and creativity. With a brand new office space decked out with swings, chatty brainstorm areas and silent phone booths we have room for everybody’s preferred way of working.
Besides all this, we also offer some practical benefits:
- An attractive salary with extra benefits such as meal vouchers (€8/day), eco vouchers (€250/year), hospitalization insurance, home working allowance, net expense allowance, optional bike leasing.
- Focus on your personal development, training and career growth. At ONTOFORCE you have access to online learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning and personalized training days.
- In addition to the 20 days legal holidays you get 12 compensation days, which gives you a total of 32 paid days leave.
- Hybrid working: we are flexible in our way of working with a balance between home working and working at the office.
Ready for a challenge @ONTOFORCE? Apply now!