Do you want to build an innovative product with a positive climate impact? Then Toqua is the right place for you.
Toqua is a fast-growing, award-winning AI start-up based in Ghent, Belgium. By bringing the fuel-saving potential of Machine Learning to the shipping industry we reduce emissions at an industrial scale. Our goal is to leverage the potential of cutting-edge Machine Learning to have the largest positive climate impact possible. That’s what drives us every day. To deliver better technology, at a larger scale, to reduce emissions and be part of the change our planet needs.
Toqua consists of a young & dynamic team that values ideas over hierarchy. We’re convinced work should be a place of permanent learning that lifts up yourself and those around you. Most importantly, we believe job satisfaction comes from working on something you care about.
Toqua’s looking for an experienced software engineer who’s looking to make his mark by taking Toqua’s software stack to the next level. Not afraid to take the lead, you’ll work closely together with our other developers and coach them where you can. You’ll use your software engineering knowledge to design and implement software, improve the development processes and be an essential part of our product discussions. As Toqua is taking an API-first approach your work will mostly consist of building scalable APIs and cloud infrastructure.
- Think out, design and implement software and cloud architecture
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge, collaborate with and mentor other developers across the business
- Help define our technical culture and contribute to building a fast-growing team
- Proven track record as a software engineer
- Experience with Python, design patterns and data structures, CI/CD, Cloud platforms (pref. GCP) and REST APIs
- You highly value best-in-class software engineering practices such as clean code, CI/CD, TDD, DDD, Code reviews, etc.
- High standards, disciplined, good communicator and team player
- Ready to take ownership
What we offer
- Work in an ambitious & motivating environment
- A fast learning trajectory and lots of ownership
- An informal and supportive way of working
- Flexible working hours, remote working options and competitive pay
- The chance to join a start-up in an early phase and share in the financial success of what you build via stock options