Software Engineer (remote)
You are at the front lines of the digital health revolution. You’ll join a top talent, fun, diverse, tight-knit team of experienced professionals who have worked in healthcare, technology, and consumer across multiple functions. You're part of the engineering team and develop software that powers Bloomlife's medical device products.
You contribute across our product software stack. You work hand-in-hand with product managers, algorithm developers and application engineers to efficiently implement and deploy new product features. You show creative thinking and proactively come up with ideas and strategies to improve software, algorithms and product performance. You are versatile and have experience in at least two aspects of software development: firmware, mobile app development, databases or back-end.
- You develop, deploy and maintain software for Bloomlife medical device products
- You own and are responsible for specific software modules, and ensure quality and interoperability with other parts of the software stack
- Setup unit and integration testing, as well as the necessary environment and tools to monitor software performance
- Work in close collaboration with product engineers, algorithm, product engineers, with the goal to provide unit tested, robust and well-documented software modules for deployment in products
- Provide guidance on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
To succeed in this role, it will help to have:
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent through experience
- 3+ year experience in embedded software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience shipping commercial products, from specs to development to release management
- Experience with modern C++ (17-20) and Python is a definite plus
- Experience with Flask and Vue.js is a plus
- Experience with IEC 62304 medical device software standard is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Docker and DevOps is a plus
Bloomlife is a mission-driven company solving one of the most significant yet underserved challenges today, maternal and neonatal health. We are designing the future of prenatal care to improve the health of moms and babies, through the most advanced combination of technology, medical expertise, and data science.
Bloomlife has been recognized for our vision to rethink prenatal care and impact the lives of families globally including winning Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge, J&J Quickfire Challenge Winner, MedTech Innovator Award, Best Health Startup LAUNCH 2016, Ideas from Europe Finalist, CLIO Award Finalist, and speaking at the White House Precision Public Health Summit.
You will join a young, dynamic and international team who’s passionate about using technologies for a better living. You are an early member of a growing start-up with recent successes, and get to experience first hand the excitement of start-up life. Your work will be highly visible to company founders, directly shape our products and impact people’s life. We offer a flexible work environment, remote work culture and a compensation package combining salary and stock options. You are based in our Genk, Liège or Eindhoven office.