At Deepnote, we are building the next generation of data science tools. A platform where teams can explore, analyze and present data from start to finish. No more barriers — we want to make notebooks the focal point for any data team.
We're looking for a Frontend engineer to join our core team. You'll work on some of the most difficult problems in the field.
Your responsibilities will range from writing beautiful and performant code to gathering user feedback, all the way to crafting delightful user experiences. You'll become an expert in data tooling and we'll trust you to make the call which technologies we use and which features we implement.
- Typescript, React, GraphQL
- Design system based in Figma, with components in Storybook
- Backend running on Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure in Kubernetes, AWS
What you'll work on:
- You will implement and improve features on our real-time collaborative notebook interface.
- You will improve and add new components based on our design system. You will also define how we the implemented design system should be used internally.
- You will improve the rendering performance by working with virtualization and memoized components.
- You will learn about data science tools and form opinions that will ultimately drive the product.
- You will support our community of data scientists and developers and help them succeed using Deepnote.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience.
- You were part of a team where you built complex web applications in TypeScript and React.
- You are familiar with build tools like Webpack or esbuild.
- You have experience with owning large projects that you are comfortable to break down or delegate.
- You are user-first oriented and interested to talk to our users to make sure we are building the right experiences and features.
- You don't define success by only delivering a feature, but also by making sure it is well-understood and used by users.
- You have experience with working with designers through Figma.
- You have experience with our backend stack, like Node.js or PostgreSQL.
- You have experience in data analysis and/or data science.
- You have worked on notebooks, visualizations, BI tools, or data pipelines.
- Competitive compensation package with equity options
- 25 days of PTO + sick days
- Health benefits package
- Kick-start bonus to set you up
- Unlimited budget for learning
- Semi-annual company retreats
- Budget for travel to our offices in Prague / San Francisco