- You'll be part of the development team where you help build the backend of the POM platform.
- You'll be working on system architecture, project structure, workflows, performance, security, ...
- In addition to the daily development tasks, you will also be responsible for analysing functional needs and translating these into a strong technical solution.
- You'll work closely with the CTO who acts as your sparring partner.
Required tech skills
- You have extensive knowledge of Java
- You know what to do with REST APIs (*)
- You understand how unit testing (JUnit / Spock, TDD) works and can apply it
- You have knowledge of JPA (Hibernate) and MySQL
You score bonus points if you know about:
- Groovy / Grails
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Continuous Integration
(*) Did you know that POM was nominated by the Flemish government for 'Best API of the year 2020'?
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT or Computer Science.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience as a backend developer.
- You are passionate about new tools and technologies and are willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- You monitor the quality of technical implementations and programming work.
- You excel at transforming functional analyses into technical design and neat bug-free code.
- Thanks to your analytical skills, you can easily identify problems and solve them creatively.
- During stand-ups you share your brutally honest opinion and adapt if necessary.
- You ensure that the code you write is properly documented.
- You are able to commit to projects for the longer term.
- You speak and write fluently in Dutch (preferably your mother tongue) and English.