Happy Volcano is looking for a Multiplayer engineer to complement our programming team; to work on our current game “You Suck At Parking”, as well as other future projects.
Do you have experience implementing advanced matchmaking techniques, like the skill-based Elo rating system? Do you know how to create and backfill multiplayer lobbies? Cross-platform play? Do you know your way around a backend service?
We would highly value an engineer that knows and can handle the challenges of networking on a multi-platform “Games as a Service” live game.
You Suck At Parking runs on Photon Quantum and handles matchmaking and other backend functionality with Playfab and Azure.
You will be a respected and crucial part of our team.
- Implement and maintain all network code
- Create logic for online lobbies, friends parties, private matches,...
- Matchmaking functionality
- Cross-platform play between PC, Xbox, Playstation and Switch
- Disconnect/reconnect functionality
- We’re a small studio and value collaboration across teams and disciplines. You’ll be expected to work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor and support your team.
- You worked on at least 2 multiplayer titles
- Experience with Photon or similar
- You’re an excellent communicator
- You are able to legally work full-time in Belgium or full-time contract work from your country of residence
- You are able to work remotely during core Central European Time
Nice to have
- Experience with Playfab
- Experience developing backend functionality
- Experience working with clean architecture principles
- Familiarity with agile practices
If you don't fit all criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What Happy Volcano can offer you
- A competitive salary adjustable to the cost of living for where you're based
- The opportunity to work in a growing team of enthusiasts
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- Fully remote studio indefinitely with an option to work from our offices in Belgium
- 21 days of paid time off per year minimum. On top of that, the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Official government holidays from the country you reside in
- Healthy work/life balance
- A flexible work schedule.
We encourage marginalized and people from underrepresented groups to apply.