A.S.Adventure group IT services is a young and dynamic team that builds solutions for all companies of the group in the four different countries, IT and digital experience solutions. All solutions start from innovative ideas where we want to be innovative on the market, by looking for new processes and technologies. Technologically we are an 'early adapter' of new trends, we want to be pioneers on the market, we use cutting edge technology to realise our projects. Together with the approximately 50 colleagues we are very result driven and pragmatic. Within the team, people are given the opportunity to experiment, our vision on employees is that everyone must be able to fully develop themselves by giving people the freedom to take the initiative outside of their strict job description. As a company we are very Agile, we use the SCRUM methodology completely. All our developments have a very short 'time to market'. Due to the continuous growth and in function of the strategic structure of our ICT team, we have a lot of job opportunities today.
Want a new adventure as a medior experienced java developer?
- As a Java Back-end Developer you will be part of our website development team, you will be building spring boot based micro-services that can be consumed by the website, CRM application and other services at the moment we have almost 100 different micro-services all running in the AWS cloud!
- Writing technical analysis, translating the business needs into technical specifications, writing technical documentation are parts of your responsibilities.
- Deliver quality code, whilst keeping business values and deadlines in mind.
- Perform code & quality reviews of developers and external partners.
- Teamwork is a core value of the way we work. Close communication with other projects team members about project status, technical challenges, etc. is key to our success.
Main Technical skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in software development.
- Cloud experience or good knowledge is a nice to have.
- Experience building services using Spring Boot, REST.
- Java 11 or higher.
- Maven, Docker, micro-services.
- Knowledge and experience with Spring Boot, Spring Rest, Spring Data.
- The newest techniques in the software development domain like continuous integration (Jenkins, bitbucket), the agile development framework.
Competences which bring an advantage to the job
- The knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure like Serverless Functions, Queue, Managed DB/Cache Services/… on one of the leading cloud Infrastructure providers (It would be great if you know them in AWS)
- Experience running microservices in leading cloud infrastructure like Amazon AWS.
- Experience within working with remote teams is a nice to have.
- You are able to work in a team and have good communication skills.
- Understanding user stories and converting them to implementation tasks.
- You are able to take correct decisions and make continuous progress to meet the deliverables.
- You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies.
- You like to take ownership: you are hands-on, pragmatic and a problem solver.
- Experience in retail processes is also a great benefit.
- A unique opportunity to be the driving link between business and IT solutions.
- The possibility to determine the digital future of a fast-growing and innovative retail chain.
- A very challenging, international environment that offers you unlimited options.
- You receive a full and comprehensive salary package with various fringe benefits.