We're looking for one of the first Infrastructure Engineers to join the team. In this role, you will be encountering challenges that haven't been solved before - everything from developing services that handle workflows of thousands of users, to working with the latest cutting-edge features of Docker and K8s, to scaling our K8s cluster.
- Typescript, React, GraphQL
- Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Kubernetes, AWS, Docker
- Design system with components in Storybook
What you'll work on:
We like to keep our infrastructure elegant and simple, but there are many hard problems that make us experiment with new things - and you will have a say in the choices of technologies we use and the features we implement. We don't expect you to be an expert on everything, but we expect you to learn fast and take the lead on challenges we face.
Here are some examples of what you'll work on:
- You will be responsible for scaling our infrastructure as we grow and optimising the costs of our cloud deployments
- You will work on deployments of data and execution services within customer VPCs to make sure Deepnote never stores sensitive data of enterprise customers
- You will help build backend for features enabling work with distributed computing and with large datasets
- You will support our community of data scientists and developers and help them succeed using Deepnote.
- You have at least 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- You have an excellent understanding of distributed systems and systems architecture.
- You have a good understanding of backend and database technologies.
- You can make trade-offs and decisions between requirements aned complexity.
- You don't define success by only delivering a feature, but also by making sure it is well-understood and used by users.
- You have experience with working with designers through Figma.
- You have experience in data analysis and/or data science.
- You have worked on notebooks, visualizations, BI tools, or data pipelines.
- Competitive compensation package with equity options
- 25 days of PTO + sick days
- Health benefits package
- Kick-start bonus to set you up
- Unlimited budget for learning
- Semi-annual company retreats
- Budget for travel to our offices in Prague / San Francisco