Full Stack Developer
Datylon is a scale-up that offers data visualization products & services with a vision to bring about change with data. We have been around for a couple of years, successfully delivering custom digital & dataviz development projects. Now we are at the exciting beginning of launching our self-funded data-viz platform and chart maker tool to designers, business users and enterprises worldwide.
Data visualization has evolved tremendously over the last few years. Datylon caught this exciting dataviz wave nearly from the onset. With a team of 25 (partly remote) experienced software engineers and dataviz experts we’ve been enjoying building our cutting edge dataviz products.
The Datylon team is hands-on, focused and combines a startup DNA with tons of experience in building and bringing to market complex software and SaaS solutions. As we’re on the forefront of dataviz we invest in experimenting and learning new tools, frameworks and concepts. We are always exploring and open to new and better ways of working.
Our offices are located in central Antwerp within the exciting Startup Village.
About the position
We are now looking for a **Full Stack Developer with a front-end focus **and who shares our knack for dataviz. You will be working in a close knit team and we’d love to see you show technical leadership in aspects of our dataviz platform or custom dataviz projects.
We strongly believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams. We provide a flexible environment that helps you grow as an individual while we deliver great team work that benefits our customers.
As a large part of our team is already remote we are now in need to strengthen our local team. After the lockdown we expect you to be able to come to our Antwerp office 2 or 3 days per week. You will work in close cooperation with our CTO.
Required skills & experience
- Master degree or higher
- Belgium based
- 4+ years of relevant working experience
Experience or affinity with one or more of the following technologies and development practices: While the focus will be on front-end development, interest and willingness to help out with back-end work is an advantage.
- HTML/ CSS
- Data visualization technologies (d3.js, vega, plotly, Highcharts, leaflet, cartoDB, mapbox,…)
- Build and devops : npm, webpack, gradle, sbt
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, BitBucket, Bamboo, …)
- Test driven development
- Agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
- REST webservice development
- Java (Spring, DropWizard) , Scala (Play)
What we offer
- A complete and attractive salary package
- Flexible work hours
- Possibility to work remotely - it needs to work as much for you as it does for us!
- Exposure to global brands
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a scale-up environment.
- A flat organization where you have the freedom to make a real difference
- An inspiring work environment in the centre of Antwerp
- Good coffee, daily lunch and fruit - once Corona is tamed that is :)