Showpad is searching for a data architect to join our Data Organisation. As part of our team, you will help formalise a cohesive data strategy and implement our Data Governance program. Your responsibilities include requirements gathering, unifying data models, and working with our data engineers on data quality and systems topics.
This position entails a high degree of collaboration and communication with other teams, such as our Security team, Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Data Science, and of course our business domains. The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of end-to-end data solution design from requirement gathering to implementation. The role requires experience in data management with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. You will work in a cross-functional team with data engineers, analytics engineers, and data analysts, and you will closely collaborate with our Data Platform team.
Key responsibilities as a Data Architect at Showpad
- Develop and implement an overall data strategy that is in line with business processes
- Translate the data strategy into an architecture vision and road map in collaboration with our Enterprise Architecture team
- Identify data sources, both internal and external, and work out a plan for data management that is aligned with our data strategy
- User requirements gathering
- Map out organisational data flow
- Work with our Data Platform team to align on topics such as database structure, data storage, and data quality checks
- Help define and roll out a data governance program throughout the organisation
- Work with our data scientists and analysts to understand our future data needs
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
- Educate staff members through training and individual support
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- MA degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant data field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with data modelling, data life cycle, and data storage
- Understanding of data needs for business decision makers, analysts, and data scientists
- Excellent organisational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
- Good written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organisations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.