Cloud Data Engineer
Become part of the Telenet family as a Cloud Data Engineer
At Telenet, data & analytics are recognized as the “fuel and engine under the hood” that can improve every aspect of our business and make us more and more “customer intimate”.
As a data driven company, we have **one data organization **with one plan and one voice to deal with data holistically and strategically. Our data & analytics experts are constantly striving for value creation for and with our business and our customers. They do this by building innovative data pipelines, delivering insights use cases, integrate analytics and in-market experiments into the fabric of the business teams.
… and the best part: we want you to become part of it as cloud data engineer!
Make a difference and…
- Become part of a squad that manages the Data Platform as a product.
- contribute to the data product roadmap, which we prioritize as a team on a quarterly basis to fuel the overall company roadmap and initiatives with analytics
- fit our data products with the overall data architecture, governance, standards, and guidelines
- design, build and test our data products
- …meeting the functional & non-functional requirements,
- …meeting the high standards for data ingestion, processing & storage
- …and applying the right level of trust (quality, privacy, security) for their purpose
- communicate on a regular basis to our stakeholders to increase data product awareness & usage
- Take a pivotal role in the development of new data platform capabilities. Optimize the delivery and operations of data solutions. Identify and roll-out solutions that enable our data scientists, engineers, and analysts to sustainably derive more value out of our data faster – in the form of new platform components, frameworks, and onboarding of cloud services for large-scale, robust, and real-time data ingestion, processing, modeling & analytics.
- Explore how cloud-based systems and pipelines can be used optimally to enhance the existing Big Data Platform.
- Democratize access to (large-scale) information assets for business users.
- Work in a young and dynamic team of data architects and engineers, operating in a self-organizing agile at company scale context.
We are looking for…
a passionate, motivated, eager to learn data enthusiast that speaks up, works better together and who is at her/his best in a very challenging, innovative, and dynamic telecom company and that is having:
- A master or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent through experience)
- You have proven experience in:
- existing and upcoming Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, SQL, Flink, Cassandra, ELK, ...) and like to stay in touch with new evolutions.
- Designing and building cloud-based data solutions and more specifically with AWS (IAM, S3, Glue, EMR, EKS, Sagemaker, …)
- Knowledge or experience of the following technologies is a plus. If you don’t master these yet, don’t worry! We can provide tailored inhouse training and coaching when required:
- System administration with Unix/Linux and knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes and containerization
- Knowledge of proven software development best practices (coding standards, CI/CD, infrastructure as code)
- You are eager to learn and like variation in your job working on different scopes
- You have a knack for spotting optimization potential and know how to realize it with robust engineering
- You possess good communication skills. You feel comfortable challenging others
- The ability to get things done and take end-to-end ownership
- You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- Good English skills. Dutch is a plus.
**What we offer **
Start a new adventure in the beating heart of our data driven organization, where we work in the utmost flexible way, be it from home or from our open and trendy collaboration spots at the office, and collegiality is more than just a word. We keep an eye out for talent, ambition, and eagerness to learn. We’ll coach you, train you and make you part of our story. Moreover, you’ll enjoy a wages and benefits package that will get you places. We’re talking meal vouchers, group and health insurance, a yearly bonus, a flexible benefit plan and discounts on Telenet products. Come experience it for yourself, our passion is contagious!