Senior Backend TypeScript Engineer
Hello there 👋, we’re Henchman.
_The fastest contract drafting experience ever made! _
Henchman is a breeze of fresh air in a sector that almost missed the digital boat but is now ready to jump aboard. The idea is simple: we suggest relevant clauses to lawyers while drafting contacts within their Microsoft Word environment, creating the fastest contract drafting experience ever made.
Despite our small company size, our ambitions are big. By 2026 we want 10.000 lawyers to use Henchman on a daily basis. To get there, we’re looking for people who fit our bill: at Henchman, we’re serious about our jobs, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re humble, open and constructive. We grow together as a team and always focus on the user.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a Senior Backend Typescript Engineer. Your primary focus will be developing backend features. You’ll implement them with a Node.js back-end. You will ensure that you produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code while ensuring high performance and availability of our internal systems. Often, you will have to interface with members of the product team & development team. Your commitment to team collaboration and a quality product is crucial.
Key Responsibilities for a Senior Backend Typescript Engineer at Henchman
- Knowledge of SQL and how to write high-performance queries.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express.js.
- Ability to architect and reason about complex queue systems.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Bash.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Dutch native level speaker or fluent in English.
- Unlimited payed holiday
- Competitive compensation packages
- Flexibility to work remote, from where you want
- Flexdesk at the Meetdistrict in Ghent, Brussel & Antwerp
- Amazing culture & colleagues
We make heavy use of TypeScript. From our Frontend, Backend to Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Material UI
Eagerness to learn, attitude, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.