You are an experienced python backend developer? You want to lead the web development of our product and be part of a rapidly growing startup? Check out this opportunity 👇
Who we are
Rock.estate is a data science company, specialised in the remote and real-time evaluation of buildings on a country-wide scale. We combine various forms of geodata with the latest AI and machine learning techniques.
Multiple insurers and banks already use our solution to understand the value and the risks of their customer’s houses. This enables them to digitise their product offering with frictionless customer journeys without compromising on risk management.
What you can expect
You will be our first backend engineer. Your main responsibility will be to bring our product and the work of our team to life through the web together with a frontend engineer. Your responsibilities will include:
- Bring our backend to the next level, bridging the work of our data team and front-end developers to improve the quality of our product.
- Collaborate with our frontend team to deliver polished and optimised UX.
What we are offering you
- An opportunity to join a dynamic team on an exciting journey of building a company together in a space where FinTech, InsurTech and PropTech meet
- Be part of our experienced, dynamic team striving for technical excellence
- An environment where you are empowered to quickly take responsibility and make things happen
- A company culture where we put our employees first
- A flexible work schedule with room for part-time remote working
- A competitive salary & benefits
Required skills & experience
You could be the one we are looking for if you have experience with:
- Experience in creating robust and easy to use RESTful API’s using Flask or Django
- Experience with Github (or comparable) ecosystem: Distributed version control, Issue tracking, Branches, PR, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with RDBMS (Postgres, PostGIS is a plus, modeling & design experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of NginX and related security aspects is a plus
- Interest in DevOps (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Airflow/Prefect, Cloud deployment) is a plus
- You show initiative and take responsibility to deliver solutions
- You are a team player and a good communicator
To apply please send us your resume and anything else that could help convince us that you are the right candidate for the job!