Senior QA Engineer – automation
I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a** Senior QA Engineer **who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As our user base grows, our code base grows, and our engineering capacity expands, we also need to take our quality assurance to the next level. As a QA engineer in the team, you will have the opportunity to implement best practices when it comes to quality assurance and instil a great quality mindset within the team.
Some of our goals are to expand our quality controls, reduce the number of defects propagated in production, improve our recovery time, and, ultimately, an even better user experience!
Test automation and acceptance testing will be initial priorities to achieve these objectives, but obviously, there’s more!
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will work together with our product team, our customer success team, as well as the different engineering teams (candidate environment, employer environment, internal tools, cloud infrastructure, etc.). You provide leverage and support, but also guidance. You’ll work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
You’ll spend time on the following
● Thoroughly learning TestGorilla’s software
● Taking full ownership of the quality for all TestsGorilla systems and products. This involves defining our quality strategy, infrastructure, tools, and processes
● Ideating, implementing, maintaining, and reinforcing high quality standards leveraging reusability and scalability
● Developing complex end-to-end automated testing solutions with integration in CI/CD environments
● Creating and documenting detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases to assess software quality
● Executing quality, usability, regression, and performance testing on both frontend and backend components
● Identifying the metrics that track the continuous improvement of our overall quality
Here’s what we’re looking for
● You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
● You are fully aligned with our values
● Experience designing, implementing, running, manual and automated tests for web and distributed systems
● You have a solid understanding of the quality assurance processes and best practices in software development
● Hands-on experience with automation testing frameworks, for both frontend and backend components, such as Mocha, Supertest, Cypress and Postman
● You care deeply about building a world-class engineering team
● You are passionate about improving your skills and learning new technologies
● You enjoy influencing others
● You always advocate for technical excellence and you are open to change
● You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
● You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
We typically expect candidates with at least 5 years of Senior QA Engineer – Automation experience to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if …
● you have experience in a SaaS product based company
● you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
● you have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker